Monday, May 19, 2014

Our flight to BIRK, Reykjavik

The leg to Iceland is always the most fascinating one for the pilot.

We have to do position reports along the way and it is a science not used very often


This is what I am showing on the G1000

For the first time I learned that Greenland has radar following us and I was told about my "Drifting" to the north of course... A nice way to say you are not where you are suppose to be...

Bottom line I did re-use a waypoint in the database of the G1000 that was not entered correctly and took me 30 miles off course.

Since then all the waypoints have been removed and will be re-entered when needed.




The take-off from the fjord is amazing


The view of the east coast of Greenland from 39,000 feet is amazing



My two travelling companions upfront

We are travelling light for 77 days


A very happy crossing crew now certified 


Yes we are in Iceland


No comments:

Post a Comment